Thursday, September 29, 2011

Indigo Blossoms

My indigo is sporting some dainty pink flowers now. The kojyoko variety has not bloomed out yet and is supposed to have white blossoms. I think I see some buds forming on them. I am worried about a hard frost we are expected to have soon so I will have to watch and cover them if needed.

The leaves and stems have taken on a reddish cast as the buds came out.

A tiny spider is a bonus in this picture. The buds are just shooting out and are still green.
The buds are tiny and arranged on sprays.
An overhead view shows the arching of the sprays of flowers.

Lots of blooms coming out.
I love this picture! My husband even said it was a good portrait of the indigo buds.

One dainty flower opening.

More flowers opening.



I have made this picture my screensaver on my computer. I love the pink flower
buds against the blue sky. Not my best photo, but it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment