Thursday, April 01, 2010

Back to work


Finally I am getting to start on projects again. I still have some swelling and have to rest my hand, but it really feels good to be making things again. I dug out my old knitting machine and after some frustration over getting the tension right, I was able to crank out a scarf.

I used Fisherman's Wool Yarn from LionBrand in natural so I can dye it. I plan to shibori felt it and dye in one step. Just trying to decide what colors. I am in an indigo mood as I have some seed on the way from Companion Plants, but I want to make this more colorful so I think acid dyes in a warm palette are in order for this project.


I am hopeful that we will have a warm sunny weekend so I can set up the dyepot on the back porch. I just need to finish putting the wooden beads into the scarf to act as the resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment